MILLBASE1019 <--click to download (135 megabytes)
The filename refers to the TWIC number.
- Current as of today, May 21, 2014-- i.e., TWIC volume 1019
- Contains over 1.6M games
- Contains historical games
- Contains modern (1990+) games between players with ELO ratings over 2200
- Also contains modern games where only one player has an ELO rating over 2400
- Annotated games slow down database functions like searches, possibly raise copyright issues, and have been purposely omitted
- MillBase is in SCID format only; works with SCID and SCID forks
- Download is compressed in 7-zip format at only 60% of uncompressed size
My goal with this database is to strike a balance of size and quality for regular use by chess hobbyists of all levels. At this point I also prefer and recommend SCIDvsPC over the original SCID.