Long version: June 17, 2017: There will be no further updates to MillBase because I no longer own a computer or laptop and, consequently, no longer have access to SCID. I have just logged into Weebly for the first time in a year, and I could not figure out how to approve comments. Sorry about that - I had enabled moderation due to weird spam. I don't know why the DropBox link no longer works :(
Side note: I have set about 15-20 chess-book auctions to run June 18-25, 2017 -- all starting at 99 cents.
PEACE AND BEST WISHES TO ALL - REALLY MEAN THAT!
Newly updated and upgraded, here is the database that I use with SCIDvsPC:
MILLBASE1129 <--click to download
The filename refers to the TWIC number. The file is 144 MB compressed (230 MB uncompressed). (I usually sort by "ECO,Rating," but I inadvertently sorted this file by the White player's name. No big deal.)
- Current as of today, 4 Jul 2016 -- i.e., TWIC volume 1129
- Contains over 1.7M games
- Contains historical games
- Contains modern (1990+) games between players with ELO ratings over 2200
- Also contains modern games where only one player has an ELO rating over 2400
- Annotated games slow down database functions like searches, possibly raise copyright issues, and have been purposely omitted
- MillBase is in SCID format only; works with SCID and SCID forks
- Download is compressed in 7-zip format at only 60% of uncompressed size
My goal with this database is to strike a balance of size and quality for regular use by chess hobbyists of all levels. At this point I also prefer and recommend SCIDvsPC over the original SCID.